Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday, Lauren Elaine!

Lauren,

I'm pretty sure that at age 4 I forbade you from having any more birthdays...but you seem to have ignored that request.

At 8 you are a joy to everyone who knows you. We often hear, 'she isn't a little girl...she is a young lady.' And a very sweet young lady at that. And just when I think my heart cant get any bigger, I turn around and I love you that much more and am that much more proud of you.



I love how your face beams when you have one on one time with your dad or I. I love how you are so excited to tell me all about your day. I love that you are the best reader and that you LOVE it. I love how you also love to create and to decorate, run and jump.

I love how you take your brother and sisters under your wing and read to them, play with them, fix their owies and make them laugh. I love it that the first thing Tess says when she wakes up from a nap is, "Bo-bo?" Asking for her big sister. You are truly the best big sister that anyone could have and one day I hope that they realize how blessed they are to have you in their lives.

I love how you work so hard at school and that your teacher comments that you like to do everything by the rules and you even make sure your classmates are going by the rules. That she'd love to have 20 more students just like you!

But I also love that you know how to have fun. You love to giggle and play. Your dad and I treasure those times when you start having one of your laugh attacks. It is contagious and soon our entire family is laughing, and we often dont even know why! What a blessing you are.

Lauren, it seems unimaginable that you can be turning 8 years old today. I remember the day you were born and thinking that I would never know how to raise you ...and here you are...becoming a young lady right before our eyes. You are truly a gift to your family.

I know that God's plans for you will be great ones. And I pray that you will open your heart to His calling and follow Him with all your heart. Your dad and I are here to help you find that way and to guide you and love you.

Thank you Lauren, for eight years of sheer joy and laughter. What would we ever do without our Bo-bo?

All our love sweet precious girl...all our love.

Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I love your birthday letters to your children! Can't wait til the next one.

Anonymous said...

Lauren, you stole my heart the moment you were born...even after a long wait...You will have all my love forever and ever..

Mama Barb

Ellie said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!