Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 14 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 14:
I am thankful for Great-grandparents.

I was blessed to know and love 2 of my great-grandmas for a large portion of my childhood.
One of them threw the best fourth of July parties and tried to teach me to crochet. The other always had ding-dongs and peppermint candies in her house that I loved!
I always felt really lucky to know them like I did.

My kids have been blessed with knowing their great-grandparents too.
Lauren has known 5 of her 'greats'.
She was the first born great-grandchild on Jordan's side of the family.
And has gotten to know the 'greats' on his side of the family very well.
How special to know them, learn from them and love them!

Grandma Elaine, Papa Joe, the birthday girl, Grandma Hildegarde
Psalm 145:4
'One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts.'

No comments: