Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day 30 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 30:
I am thankful that over 2000 years ago a King, a Savior came.

I am thankful that He came to die.

For you.
And for me.
Of all the things I am thankful for in this amazing life that I am blessed to lead, I am most humbly and assuredly thankful for my salvation.

Christmas can be a lot of things.
Its family and food and fun.
Its gifts and lights and traditions.

But what it really is, is a time for us to celebrate that the baby in a manger grew to become a man who was hung on a cross for our sins.
That morning a miracle occurred and the greatest act of love was shown.
The Father sent His Son to die for a sinful world.
I'm not sure we can even begin to grasp the magnitude of what He took for us.
And of how unworthy we are of the gift!
Without that all the rest of my blessings would be of little value.

As we set off in another holiday season it is my prayer that I will have this verse at the front of my mind to help me remember the Reason for the Season:

Matthew 6:33
'But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness,
and all these things will be added to you.'

2 comments:

Choose Joy said...

I've loved your month of "Thankfullness"...Thanks for sharing!

mama barb said...

Beautiful and Amen Praise out Lord!!