Monday, November 07, 2011

Day 7 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 7:
I am thankful that when I am emotional and flighty...my Savior is constant and true.

If you know me you know that I can be overtaken by my emotions.
This is me. Being emotional...which for me is usually a combination of sad and angry!

Two examples from today:

#1
Tess, Tori and I were in Wal-mart today and we browsed through the Christmas aisles listening to Christmas music. I was in tears...ready to start the Christmas season...reminiscing about Christmases past and preparing myself for THE BEST CHRISTMAS EVER.
I got home, turned on the Christmas music and emailed Jordan to tell him not to be surprised if the tree was up when he got home.

Emotional.

#2
I read this poem on a friend's blog and I was seriously thinking of calling the dr. to find out about vasectomy reversal procedures.

Emotional.
Flighty!

Eventually I usually calm down from these huge waves of emotion and impulsiveness. And lucky for me my husband has learned from experience how to wait out these rides with a lot of love and encouragement. He gets me.

But even better...I always know my Savior doesn't have fits of emotion. He doesn't decide differently from one day to the next. He is constant...unwavering...steady.

He is exactly what I need in my crazy head and heart!

Hebrews 13:8
'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

Hebrews 6:16-18
'People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of His purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, He confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged.'

1 comment:

Choose Joy said...

Glad you liked the poem. I want to read it everyday to remind myself of my blessings and His gifts to us.