Saturday, November 26, 2011

Day 26 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 26:
I am thankful for our Christmas kick-off night!

We have been looking forward to tonight for a couple of weeks.
I love this night. I love how our traditions have evolved and that the kids look forward to each part of this night. I hope they never forget any of it.
I had the tree up and lights on and the cookies made by mid afternoon - I wised up a couple of years ago and started getting the most stress inducing parts of this night done before the fun!

While I worked there was a lot of this...

And dancing to Christmas music.

There is nothing I love more than watching each of the kids go through their box of ornaments. They really treasure them and love to talk about how we picked them out for each of them every year. This year one of them noted that our tree is going to have to get bigger to deal with 5 new ornaments every year! They are right.

Lauren has to hang all of hers up as high as she can now.

Tess was just in awe...like 3 year olds are...about the tree.
She asked if she could live in it.
I dont want to forget her at age 3. This is going to be a special Christmas for her.

Avery remembered really cute things about each of her ornaments.
precious.

After supper and decorating we settled in to watch ELF.

And took a half time break to decorate these!
I use Jordan's aunt Jean's amazing recipe.
I am getting better at them...but I'm still missing Jean's most secret ingredient...patience.
:)

Tori loved her first taste of Christmas cookies.
She actually tried to dig part of mine out of my mouth to get more!

And these lights will never cease to bring me to tears in memory of those who aren't here to celebrate with us. They bring about a longing for my own childhood and the ability to curl up on my dad's lap and stare at the tree.
And a wish that I could freeze time and live in this moment for a very long time.

1 Corinthians 11:2
'Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain
the traditions even as I delivered them to you.'


No comments: