Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 17:
Today I am thankful that in our house Christmas started early.

The big girls and I decorated over the past 2 days for Christmas with the exception of the tree.
We will do that next Saturday night over hot cocoa, sugar cookies and christmas music.

And to all you scrooges...bah hum bug to you!
Just because you decorate for Christmas does not mean that you forget Thanksgiving.
We are still talking about what we are thankful and all of our blessings.
We are reading books about the first Thanksgiving and we are excited for turkey!
But, really, you cant have Thanksgiving if you didn't have Christmas.
We take one month or less to celebrate the birth of our King.
One month to sit in the dark and stare at Christmas lights and reflect on His sacrifice.
One month to watch our children gaze with childlike wonder.
One month to read stories specifically about His birth.
One month to sing songs proclaiming that wondrous morning.
One month to 'feel the spirit of Christmas'

And I think we should take longer than a month.

I've been more excited for this Christmas season than I have been for any since my dad passed away. And I know full well that Christmas with kids the ages of my kids needs to be treasured and taken full advantage of.
So, I decided that I am not going to waste it.
Nope, Im going to embrace it.
And the awesome guy who married me fully supports my decision.

Welcome Christmas, bring your cheer.
(The Grinch, 1966)

Luke 2:13-14
'And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom He is pleased!'