Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Day 2 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Day 2
I am so thankful for schools!
For education, teachers, learning and fun!

Avery is the Star of the Week in 1st grade this week and I got to be her guest today. I spent the entire morning with her and stayed for lunch.
First let me say, I love this girl.
I loved watching how serious she takes her assignments and how intently she listens to her teacher. I loved watching her interact with her friends and help her classmates.

We started out the day by reviewing reading strategies. Let me tell you, when the kids started describing 'metacognition' and 'schema' it was about all I could do to keep myself still. I love that stuff! The almost English teacher in my was about ready to erupt in excitement. And these kids are 7. And they were eating it up. The reading going on in that class was phenomenal.

We have an amazing school. Each teacher we have had since Lauren started school 5 years ago has been outstanding. And after watching today one thing stood out to me...you cant do that job day in and day out without something special inside you. These teachers love our children. Love. They are passionate about their educations and their development. They work HARD. They care. And not all the students are easy to love...not all are easy to reach, to teach. But that doesn't stop these teachers. In fact, I think from what I saw today, it might make their passions burn stronger.

I am blessed that my children are surrounded by professionals like this every day. I am so blessed that I live in small town Iowa. And I am so blessed to have a first rate education for my kids just a block from my home.

Find an amazing teacher and thank them today...I did!

Proverbs 9:9
'Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.'

No comments: