Saturday, December 06, 2008

Baby Sister

I find this truly amazing. Sullivan is really not very nice to his older sisters. He loves to torment them and make them scream. It is really fun to him.

But with Tess he is a different boy. He is soft and gentle and he talks to her in the sweetest voice. He will bring her toys and say, Here you go my baby. If she cries he will get down beside her and try to comfort her. If that doesn't work he will demand that I take care of the issue. He does not want his sister to cry.
Every morning he wants to know where she is. When I tell him that she is in bed, he is mad. He wants her up.
One night last week he was having a hard time falling asleep and so Tess and I went to check on him. For fun, I laid her in his crib with him and he wrapped his skinny little arms around her and told me to leave. He said, "Tess stay, you go mommy, you go!" He was really upset when I took her out.
I am sure that this will change but for now I love the brotherly protectivness that I see in him when it comes to Tess. I don't want to forget how cute he looks when he kneels down beside her to read her a book or pat her tiny head. And someday I want to be able to show this post to both of them so that they will know that at one time, they really did love each other!








No comments: