Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Moments

I had the best lunch with Avery and Sully at my mom's today. Its moments like these that I want to bottle up and never forget. Times when I think, why have I been so blessed? When they say and do things that to most people would sound ordinary but to their mom, they are priceless.

I told Sully I loved him as we were eating. He responded, "I know that already mommy." In his not too easy to understand two year old speech.

Then I took Avery to preschool. Just as her teacher was opening our van door for Avery to jump out Avery says, "Dont worry, I wont touch anybody's snot and get sick today." That alone was hilarious but when you combine it with watching her small little body carrying her big backpack and her little pink boots its adorable. Then when you add in the two kleenexes that were stuck to the bottom of her boot as she walked in the door the whole encounter becomes unforgetable.

I'm so happy that they are 2 and 4. And I'm so happy that they aren't perfect. I thank God for that. Because how boring would perfect children be anyway?

(feel free to play the Brad Paisley song, 'Little Moments' as you read this post!)

No comments: