Thursday, December 11, 2008

God sent TJ

Looking back at the time of my dad's death we all marvel at the things that God so perfectly had in place for us.

My parents were in California when he passed away and of course my brothers and I's biggest concern was, Mom's ALL ALONE out there.

How do we get her back? How will she even get to an airport? She has to be in shock, what are we going to do? We have to rescue her.

But God knew. He had that in His plan. He hadn't forgotten my mom. Rather He had her in the safest place of all, Safely in His Arms. He was doing the rescuing that day.

God sent TJ.

TJ was a grief couselor at the hospital my dad was taken. My mom was sitting, praying, asking for guidance and strength before she called each of her seven children to tell them that their Dad was gone.

And guess who came and sat down? Guess who started praying right along with her?

TJ.

TJ is a born-again believer. Of all the counselors that could have come to my mom's side, God sent TJ.

She prayed with my mom, cried with her and not only that, she helped her get on a plane home...to us.

Later we found out that TJ is actually from Iowa! (Try telling me God didn't have this in His plan!) She grew up here and her mother still lives here. My mom and TJ have gotten together one time since my dad's death and it meant more than anything in the world to my mom.

Today I got to meet TJ.

She is in Iowa with two of her sons, visiting her mom and she made the trip to my mom's for lunch. My mom invited us over too.

When I walked in TJ stuck her hand out to me and I couldn't help it. I said no and I went in for a hug. A big one. And I don't know if it told her thank you like I wanted it to, but I hope so.

TJ, God sent you, when we needed Him too. He sent you when we couldn't be there. He sent you in my mom's biggest hour of need. He used you to rescue her. To seven children waiting anxiously for their mom to return...you are an angel no doubt. And for that I am forever grateful to Him and to you. You are one of God's children sent to do mighty work.

I'm so thankful that God sent TJ.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I was in tears reading this. Amazing!

Shannon/Jodi said...

What a blessing, and it's so neat that you got to meet her!

Andrea Dellit said...

wow...this is so cool....how great that you got to meet her :)