Monday, December 22, 2008

The greatest event in history

One of my favorite things about Christmas is getting Christmas cards in the mail. Its the only time of year I care about mail at all. During December I literally fight Jordan to get the mail. I am giddy when I see all the cards.

Today was a good card day, I got lots.

One of my favorite to get every year is from the Pastor who married Jordan and I, Pastor Palser. He was my Pastor when I was growing up, he lives in Kansas now and he's just a great guy.

This year his card made me stop and think. It brought tears to my eyes. Here's the part that did it, "I trust you're all well and enjoying this special time of celebrating the greatest event in the world's history - God, the Son, taking upon Himself all that is human to become "God with Us - Emmanuel."

Christmas isn't about presents, it isn't about trees, it isn't about snow or even about family. Its about Emmanuel, God with Us. How awesome is that? He became Man for us. The ultimate gift.

Here's to celebrating the greatest event in history...Merry, merry Christmas!

No comments: