Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Sullivan's first Christmas Program

Last night we attended Sullivan's first Christmas program. As we were walking down the hall to take him to his classroom I almost yelled, "I forgot the camera!"
I couldn't believe it. He looked SO cute in his red and black sweater and new black shoes - that he calls either, "daddy shoes or Christmas shoes".

I was amazed that he actually stood in front of everyone. I think it was likely only because he couldn't find us in the crowd to come running to!

He stood there very nicely. With one finger in his mouth, starring at the railing next to him. At one point he started crying. Luckily his favorite teacher smiled at him and gave him a thumbs up and that calmed him back down and he went back to his finger and the railing. Lauren and Avery kept telling us that they felt so sorry for him.

Then they passed out the bells for the kids to ring as they sang Jingle Bells. Sullivan held his bell in his free hand and did nothing with it.

It was ADORABLE! I was proud of him. I had tears in my eyes as I watched him. Like most of the kids he had no clue what they were even doing standing there in front of a room full of people...but I was still proud.

After the program Jordan said, "Sully, what songs did you sing?" He started singing Jingle Bells perfectly. Go figure.

So in love with that little boy!

No comments: