Monday, January 25, 2010

?????

I developed seasonal allergies sometime in the past 5-7 years. Previous to that I have not had any trouble.
Now I cant handle dust, certain flowers and even since we got rid of our cat - cats! Terrible.

This past fall we did a big cleaning day at my mom's. I did a lot of dusting and sweeping. By the end of it I was wheezing and could hardly stay inside.

Yesterday I spent probably 30 minutes total in the basement helping Jordan. Since we were moving stuff there was dust flying. When we went to bed I started a weird cough and within minutes I was wheezing. My chest was really tight and I had to think to breath comfortably.

I took an over the counter allergy pill and went to sleep.

Now this morning I am still struggling to breathe properly and my chest just feels heavy.

What is this all about? Should I be worried? I feel like I have asthma?

And more importantly, does this mean I can hire a maid because I shouldn't be around dust? And will insurance cover that?! ;)

6 comments:

Cassie said...

most definitely you need to get a house cleaner!
are allergies contagious? if so, could you come HERE and breathe on me?
thanks. :)

really, you probably should go to a doctor. maybe they can give you something better than the over the counter stuff!

Courtney said...

yikes!
be careful!

yoderyears said...

You should go to the doctor and have them write a note verifying for Jordan that you must hire someone to clean the house:)

I really would go to a doctor, Becky. I "grew" into asthma in 7th grade. It initially only affected me when working out. Now, cut grass can set it off along with other random things. Better to be checked...asthma (or allergies that cause respiratory problems)isn't something you want to mess around with.

"This needs to be taken very seriously, Mandy...I mean, Becky". Sorry, just channeled my mom for a second. Scary!

Anonymous said...

Well, we are on a HDHP HSA eligible plan which means we tough everything out and don't go to the doctor. Becky, you're out of luck - better sleep on the couch until the wheezing ends!

Beckysblog said...

You know Jordan, when you talk in your 'HR speak' no one understands you!

Anonymous said...

Apology - I was just being funny, Becky can go to the doctor...I love you sweetie!