Friday, January 29, 2010

Whatcha' up to?

Just some of my favorite pictures from the week...

Tess is just a happy funny girl.

I swear she makes these faces just to get me to laugh.

She is the best.

And I just couldn't love her more.

Sully turns 4 in two weeks. He is so ready for his 'Superhero' party.
Its hard to believe he can be turning 4. But he definetly acts older everyday.
His imagination is so amazing.
And oh how he loves to play Risk with Daddy. I think Jordan would tire of it before Sully.
Here he is concentrating on his next move.

And here he is pointing out Egypt to me. Risk is definetly a good game for teaching your kids geography. Sully can find many obscure countries on the map/game board.

Lauren loves Fridays at school, its Spartan Spirit Day. She loves wearing her jersey.
She had a really great Friday today because she brought home her latest math test with a 99%! She has been struggling with some of the concepts but is getting it mastered now. Its rewarding for her to figure out that 'practice really does make perfect!' We have chocolate chip cookies for dessert tonight to celebrate!

Avery got to have Brooklyn and Alex over to play for much of the day. It was so cute to watch them play Barbies and school together. Avery took over the teacher role since Lauren was at school. She copied Lauren's words and actions - very cute!
While cleaning the basement I found an entire box of coloring books. Avery has been in heaven. She could color all day long!

And even though he finds great pleasure in beating his young children at board games...I still love him more than anything in the world!

And this has been my project...my blanket. Its coming along great!

Our plan for this weekend is to finish the basement project and then start preparations for next weekend's BIG project...refinishing our hard wood floors. It really makes me almost want to vomit thinking about literally moving completely out of 3 of the rooms of our house...but I also know when we are done and our new living room furniture arrives...it will be totally worth it. The floors have needed to be done since we moved in 7 years ago...but newborn babies kind of kept getting in the way of that plan!
So if you are in our neighborhood a week from tonight...and you have some big muscles...feel free to stop by and help make my blood pressure rise by moving all the furniture out of my LVR, Den and Dining room....(hint, hint Garrick!) ;)

5 comments:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I have some big boys I could loan out, but we have a basketball game next Friday evening. Give us a call if you could use them during the daytime. Refinishing floors is a big job, but so worth it!

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with teh blanket!!!! and feel free to use my husband for next weekend:)

Tisha said...

I liked your recap and pictures! Nice to "see" whatcha been up to ☺ Thanks for tip about Risk being good for geography for the kids. Will put on my list of To Do items: Purchase Risk.

Beckysblog said...

Be careful Tisha...its a seriously boring game that can last DAYS!!!!!
I honestly do not know why my kids like it!!! ;)

Garrick said...

I don't get it?