Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Fervently

I love stumbling onto a passage in scripture that I haven't read in a long time or ever. I love how God uses His word to prick our hearts.


Lately God has been reminding me that I use being 'too busy' as an excuse way too often. Sadly even for my rather pathetic prayer life. And He's been after me about that. What I'm too busy to talk to Him? Too busy to thank Him? Too busy to sit and converse with my Savior? pathetic.


So I came upon this verse today thanks to a Facebook friend, James 5:17 "Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth."


Could that be more awesome? Elijah was a man with a nature like ME! He was like me!! And what did he do? He prayed FERVENTLY? And what happened? God answered that prayer.


Lord teach me to pray!!

2 comments:

Choose Joy said...

I think we have the same FB friend! She is a gem with a rocking voice! I saw this on her post for the day too!

Courtney said...

i loved this! GREAT reminder!!