Friday, August 14, 2009

Alone

Jordan and I have been in Madison, WI for the past few days.  Jordan's been attending a banking training and I've been eating up hours of alone time. 

We head home in a couple of hours. 

I'm past the point of being ready to go home. Rosanna has been with the kids all week and I am sure she is past that point for me too! ;) 

But, I'll admit, the day we left, I was WAY past the point of being ready to get as far away from home as I could. That sounds awful, but its the truth. I needed a break, before I had a breakdown. 

And I got it. 

I read, walked, sat by the lake, did some fall shopping for the kids, ate meals while I read, took baths, slept in, sat by the pool and closed my eyes and prayed, and just thought...yeah, I actually had time for complete thoughts. 

Jordan was in class from before I was up in the morning and some nights he didn't get done until 8. So I really was alone for most of the week. 

It was wonderful. Just what the dr. ordered. 

I think I needed to not be around people for awhile. 

I recommend this to everyone. 

And kids, mommy is rushing home to you ready for all 4 of you to need me desperately. 

Bring on the new school year and all the hassle. I am refreshed and rejuvenated! 

7 comments:

Shannon/Jodi said...

I'm so jealous! I got about three hours alone last Friday. It was just enough to make me want more!

Glad you had time to recharge your batteries!

Ellie said...

Good for you! Much deserved :)

Anonymous said...

Just for the record, I had a GREAT week with the kids. Also for the record, I woke up this morning VERY excited that today was the day you were to return. You see, you can't hit snooze on a baby monitor :)

Welcome home!

~Rosanna

Beckysblog said...

Rosanna you should write a book with that title!

"You cant hit the snooze button on a baby monitor"

Andrea Dellit said...

Good for you!!! That's just what you needed after the stuff you guys have been going through!

Courtney said...

did you read my "ideal gift" post the other day?? sounds like a DREAM to me!!! so glad for you!

Beckysblog said...

I saw that Courtney and I thought...no, Courtney, leave the house...that way the housework and projects cant stare at you during your alone time!