Sunday, August 16, 2009

Reason #45987 why I love him

(I'm sharing this so that someday I wont have to wish I had.)

Its 9:00 pm

I'm in the kitchen cooking the chicken that will go in the casserole I'm planning for tomorrow night's supper. 

Jordan is preparing to leave for work. 

He says, 'Wrap up what you're doing, I need you in 2 minutes."

I'm slightly exasperated...I'm trying to get this done so I can sit down. 

After two minutes he reappears and takes me outside. Turns my back to him and holds me close. 

"Look up." he says.

And I see the most beautiful sky. Lots of stars. He even points out Venus. 

Then he kisses me and walks to the van to head to work. 

I love him. 

I'm so happy that after almost 10 years of being married...he still wants to stop me in the middle of the mundane and make me see the beauty around me and his love for me. 

That after all this time, he still wants to share the world with me.