Friday, August 07, 2009

Update #2

Lauren and I are home. She did beautifully. 

She was so brave and I was so proud of her. Leaving your child in the hands of strangers...even very well trained strangers...is about the hardest thing a parent could do. Especially when they are administering drugs and cutting into them!

I managed to keep the tears at bay until she was fully sedated and then they led me out of the OR. 

I had a very long 2 hours waiting for her. Alone. 

That will be the last time I go to one of my kids' surgeries without Jordan. And his tears on the phone when I filled him in on leaving her with the surgeon told me that he agreed. 

The surgery went great. We go back in 3 weeks and she will have a hearing test at that time. 

Please pray for a quick recovery for her. And that she will calm down about the ear drops she has to have for the next 7 days. She hates ear drops. Hates with a passion. 

Tess still had a fever this morning and had a very cranky morning and wouldn't eat. But she actually seems better this afternoon. I am hoping she's on the tail end of this illness. 

Thank you for all your prayers, phone calls, text messages and emails. We are so loved. 

2 comments:

Sarah Guild said...

Definitely praying for a smooth and painless recovery for the oldest one! And, health for the wee ones.

Courtney said...

how are tess and lauren now??