Thursday, August 20, 2009

She's been gone 45 minutes

Avery is playing a computer game and she says, "Lauren! Come here."

I reminded her that Lauren is at school. 

She sighs and says, "I forgot, and now I don't have anyone to talk to today."

Never mind that there are 3 other people in the house with her...her best friend is gone. 

Yep, now I'm crying. Again.

(Really going back to school is great. We need it. I thrive on structure and routine and we've had none this summer. We've had a lot of fun but its been a tiring summer as any summer with 4 kids 7 and under. The past couple weeks has been lots of fighting and getting on each other's nerves...they are ready for school, I am ready for school. But the transition might be the death of me...)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i'm in total denial...we still have a couple weeks...she looks SO excited!