Sunday, August 30, 2009

Encouraged

You ever had one of those weekends where you're just so busy and running around that you actually long for Monday? 

That's where I am. 

And its somewhat unjustified. I've had a good weekend. And accomplished some things...but we've been busy, driven a lot, and Jordan has been gone the whole time. 

He's been gone a lot in general.

All week he has been, well ok, all month. Its been a summer like that at work for him. 

And we are feeling the affects here too. The kids are SO whiny today and they have asked no less than 27 times, when will Daddy be home? Lots of breakdowns and fighting this weekend. 

Lots. 

And then there's me. It just never feels right when he's gone. I admit it, I'm not as fun when he's gone, I get grumpy easier and I dont have as much motivation to make memories...I get lazy and down. I'm not 'on', I'm off.

So to help myself get over the disconnected feelings I've been battling...that I always battle when he's gone a lot, we went to the park this afternoon after naps to play in the sand and for me, take pictures. 

And of course I'm reminded that God is teaching me through this that its possible, I depend on my husband too much to be my 'connection' that I dont feel whole without him. 

And while I know that is good, I should feel an absense when he is gone, we are a team, he is my best and truest friend, but I also know that for some of that, I need to be depending on my Savior. 

I really feel that He is trying to remind me that no one, no human, can ever fulfill all my needs. He is the only one that can do that. 

And the most awesome part of that is that He is ALWAYS there. ALWAYS! 

Just a bended knee away. 

What a promise. What a Savior, what a friend. 

I went looking for some encouragement with these thoughts and His Word delivered. 

Ps 42:11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?, Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God. 

Ps. 10:17 You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry.  

Ps. 17:6 I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. 

2 Co. 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Romans 8:39 Neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ps. 62:1-2,5-6 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

4 comments:

Cassie said...

it's hard not to put that expectation on your spouse. so hard.

Meghan said...

I hear you on this Becky. Brian has been working lots too. I am just not myself when he is gone. And I am not as good of a mom when he is gone either.

Natalie Meester said...

Becky,

I admire you and you are doing a fabulous job! It's hard being a mom no matter which way you look at it.

Keep remembering to lean on God in these stressful times and he will see you through it. It will only make you stronger.

Have a fabulous week and chin up!

Shannon/Jodi said...

Thank you.