Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More thanks

So I don't know if I sounded rather pathetic in my post about frustrations with Sully but whatever it was I appreciate all the encouragement I received through the comments and email.

I have made some new bloggy and email friends and I feel like we are already on the road to some relief for Sullivan. It feels good just to be doing SOMETHING for him. To be looking for answers rather than sitting and wondering. 

I always have believed that God sends special people into our lives at precise times to teach us, encourage us and for us to do the same for. If it weren't for some of these friends I wouldn't be on the right track with Sullivan and more importantly, I would likely be down in despair and feeling sorry for myself because of taking my eye off the real priorities. 

One friend He brought into my life within the past year, has been a great help to me of late and is teaching me and reminding me of God's truths. I'm so grateful for having my eyes turned to where they need to be. Everyone needs friends who know how to encourage us using scripture and God's truths. Its the only encouragement that really counts and brings real relief. 

Now I wont say her name, but it starts with G and ends with RACE - fitting name isn't it?! Below is a portion of a recent email she sent me:

"Becky, you are the mother God chose for Lauren, Avery, Sullivan, and Tess at the beginning of time.  It's not a role that comes easily or without some pain but God knew with His help you could handle it.  God also understands even more than we understand ourselves, that we are human and WILL make mistakes.  That's why he has poured out His grace on us.  Grace..........that undeserving favor from our Perfect Heavenly Father.  You are the recipient of that daily because you are His child.  I've found that when I focus on that, then the trials and troubles that come with being a mother are a little smaller than they first appeared. Hang in there, my friend.  This mother is praying for you and your family! In Christ.  
'Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.'  1 Peter 5:6-7
James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which stregtheneth me. 
Colossians 3:23-24 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. "
2 Timothy 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.

Thank you Grace, you'll never know how wonderful your timing was for me. 
 

1 comment:

Shannon/Jodi said...

Very encouraging. Thank you for sharing.